In this class we will paint some loose watercolor fruit on bookmarks, so you can give them away as gifts or you can paint them a little bigger and frame them. Martha will teach you an easy way to draw the fruit and paint them with a wet in wet watercolor technique. Some drawing experience would be helpful as well as some watercolor experience.
Paper, twine and metal corners for the bookmarks, as well as the use of several of Martha’s watercolor pallets for use in class will be provided.
If you want to wait to buy your supplies beforehand, Martha will help you get what you will need. Just come around 12:30-ish so you can do that before the class.
1. Bring all your watercolor supplies, brushes and palettes if you have one. We will mainly be using primary colors: Red, Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Yellow. Other good colors are Diox Purple, Alizarin Crimson, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Sap Green—and any other colors that you might have. Any brands are fine although I do not recommend Cotman brand.
2. You can bring 140 lb watercolor paper. Arches cold press paper in the pad block is best but Strathmore 500 Series in the pad is fine too. I will also provide some bookmark templates and sample sheets to paint on as well as hole puncher and twine.
3. Also bring a small Micron .05 Black pen for outlining.
4. Bring all your workshop supplies: pencils, erasers, scissors, etc.
5. I will bring my craft blow dryer but if you have one, bring that too-- but that is optional.
To Reserve your space Call 904-398-3161 Ext.319
Class participants receive a "SPECIAL 25% DISCOUNT"
on all art supplies.